Tuesday 5 November 2019

Reflections on my 60th Birthday

1 Nov, 2019: Today on my birthday, I also complete 7 years of service as Vicar General, Chancellor, Personal Relations Officer and Coordinator of Commissions in the Archdiocese of Calcutta. Here are my reflections on the events that I have been a part of in the past seven years.

As soon as I took office in 2013, we launched the Pastoral Plan for the Archdiocese. The next four years, from 2013-2016, saw regular animation programmes taking place at the Parish, Zonal and Deanery levels. This all culminated in the Synod at Morning Star College in September 2017.


I've had the privilege to have witnessed the Canonization of Mother Teresa (2016). Two years later, the preparations for the World Day of the Sick celebrations (inspired by her example) began and the event took place in February 2019. In the same year the International Fatima Apostolate Meet was held in Calcutta.

The special nature of my office has allowed me to connect the church and the secular world. The events of these past 7 years have left me with a sense of contentment. I am extremely happy to have been able to contribute to the growth of the Archdiocese of Calcutta.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Father on reaching such significant milestones in your life. May the Almighty God bless you abundantly. - Christine

    ReplyDelete